The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Saturday, April 21, 2007

On my desk sits my reminder

On My Desk Sits My Reminder

On my desk sits my reminder . . . My Bible, just a regular paper back, King James Version that anyone can buy in any book store for $5.00, but to me it’s priceless.

It sits there to remind me to always try to do the right thing, always try to see the other side and never to judge. And most important to me besides the words of wisdom are the slips of paper I’ve placed inside . . .

Each one is the last memories of a loved one that has passed on . . . Prayers for those that remain to remember them by. And I can tell you that the most famous prayer, besides the Lord’s prayer, is Psalm 23.

I’m not sure why so many like it . . . But to me, it gives me a sense of peace, well being even after death.

Psalm 23
The shepherd psalm

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall
not want

He maketh me to lie down in green
pasteres: he leadeth me beside still
waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me
in the paths of righteousness for his
name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff
they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in
the presence of mine enemies: thou
anointest my head with oil; my cup
runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow
me all the days of my life: and I will
dwell in the house of the Lord/forever.

Dan Hanosh
Warriors and Wars . . . The Brave Few

My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004
Soon to come, Sleepless Nights

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
dhanosh writingup
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: