The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today It Hit Me

Today it hit me . . .



Today the tragedy hit me . . . I’m not sure why it took so long. Maybe because all I saw, all I heard was words and a distant pop, pop, pop.



It never connected . . . Not when I heard Nikki’s beautiful soft words. Not when those that got out spoke of their anguish. Today it hit me in the face, when I saw their pictures in the online version of the Times.



Click on me, learn what I wanted to be, who I was . . . What in a short time, I had achieved . . . Why?



I felt their pain. I feel it now . . . My head falls sadly to my chest and my tears begin again. And I want to tell each of them, America hurts for them. We will not forget . . . I will not forget them.



Dan Hanosh

Warriors and Wars



Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share

Warriors and Wars

dhanosh writingup

Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com

Dan’s Room 2 Write



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,



Powered by ScribeFire.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: