The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Are Our Children Normal?

?

Do you remember being a teenager? Do you remember being independent, belligerent even? Trouble was my middle name. My kids did their share, but they aren’t engaged in current events like I was. Are our children too consumed with what’s going on around them to care?

Sure I feel that I don’t make a difference. That no one is listening, but everyone feels like that. But I’m not going to stop because of it. I don’t believe in war, not after Vietnam . . . You may know why, you may not? Today those we fought are our friends. So what changed . . . A policy, that’s all.

So why don’t we march, picket for peace . . . Too afraid that we’ll lose out on our American Dream. But friends undaunted fear today will become tomorrow’s reality. Look around the days of black and white are back . . . White shirts and black ties are in the hot seat again, power running amok. And what’s different from the 60’s and 70’s? No draft . . . I don’t believe that’s the reason.

But it could be . . . You see, it hasn’t rocked our children’s world at least not yet, but its coming and then it’ll be too late.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 53
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 8.0
Total Miles . . . . . . 222.6
Average Miles . . . N/A
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 16 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.

The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

My Mission . . . Dreams are yours to share is dedicated to DREAMS, learning to dream again, learning to be happy again. Everyday we are bombarded with unhappiness, news of wars, killings, lies and deceit. And no where can we go to balance the load . . . My message is simple, change only happens when we change. Happiness is contagious and it stops wars dead . . . Find you bliss, follow your dreams, live a life with no regrets . . . Dreams are Yours to share.

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: