The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

?


. . . Where were you?

I was sitting in a finance class at in Naperville, Illinois. A friend of mine was a helicopter pilot, a major in the reserves. I hadn’t seen him all semester . . .

Each night we talked about what we saw. We didn’t want to be in class we wanted to be glued to our TVs. I remember CNN counted sorties . . . , killing men, killing women and wiping out families.

And when 9-11 raised its ugly head, I heard a silence that I would never forget . . . I know now what they meant when they said . . . I remember walking into the backyard after noon and it was oh so silent it . . . hurt. Never have I heard such a thing, never do I want to hear it again.

And today the war in Iraq has been going on far too long. No one wants to quit, no one wants to admit it was wrong. But the numbers, they are deafening . . . To quit means to so many that those that have died would have died for nothing . . . But in truth, they died for us. You and me, so we can live are mundane lives, go to work, go to the mall and out to eat. I don’t mean to discredit them, or you, or me. That’s just the way it is. Still we must always remember . . . .






http://www.poemhunter.com/dan-hanosh/

Tags:



dhanosh's blogDreams Are Yours To ShareWarriors and Wars
http://www.poemhunter.com/dan-hanosh/

My Room to Write . . .

No comments: