The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Saturday, April 07, 2007

. . .

A cold wet dreary day in the north and I sit wondering what to write. I haven’t posted on Warriors lately because nothing seems to fit the site. That is until now.

I play the harmonica, well I know one song. Everyone tells me to learn more, but I play the one song well. It moves me to write, to think, to dream. Today as the keys move, my thoughts speed on ahead . . . The song is sad and each time I play it I think of a only soldier sitting on the banks of a river somewhere, dreaming of home.

Oh, Shenandoah, I long to hear you.
Away you rolling river!
Oh, Shenandoah, I long to hear you.
Away, I’m bound away,
‘Cross the wide Missouri.

is . This Easter . Remember what it means to go to war. There are no sides, only hardships . . .





http://www.poemhunter.com/dan-hanosh/

Tags:

dhanosh's blogDreams Are Yours To ShareWarriors and Wars
http://www.poemhunter.com/dan-hanosh/

No comments: