The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Draft . . .

. . .

My Grandfather was conscripted to serve in WWI . . . He came off a farm to serve on the front for nineteen days. Death was everywhere. My Dad joined the navy during Korea. I was too young for Vietnam . . . My boys they won’t serve, each for a different reason.

I don’t believe in war . . . I am not for the draft. I am not for making those that volunteered keep going back to Iraq . . . If there’s no one to fight, there’s no war.

We live in a crazy time . . . Where mercenaries fight by the side of our troops making large dollars and our troops they can’t even get medical help . . . A private army, who would have thought? Not following the Geneva Conventions or the Constitution . . . Where’d my country go?

There won’t be a draft. Why?

They learned their lesson from Vietnam . . . When everyone has a steak in the war, it goes away. The people turn on the politics and the war stops, the killing stops. But now no one is listening, no one is feeling our soldier’s pain, the pain of the fallen soldier’s families . . . No One Stands With Them . . . They stand alone, the brave few.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 17 Zero Days 3
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 7.4
Total Miles . . . . . . 87.6
Average Miles . . . 5.1
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 10 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights


Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: