The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Time Is Right . . .

. . .

The time is right for our next leader and it’s easier then any of them can possibly imagine. All the next leader has to do is show the people that he or she is going to lead for them. But who is going to rise above the rest?

Yesterday, Senator John Edwards gave a speech that was almost the speech of this century . . . I say almost for he left out one thing that would seal the deal . . . BRING EM HOME.

But I’m still hoping he’ll realize that our policies are just a set of lies. I could go through the run down but that’s your job to pick your candidate, I just know Edwards so far has a far lead for me. And it’s simply because I think his heart is clearly in my camp . . . The rest I’m sure is looking somewhere else.


I paraphrased Senator Edwards speech at St. Anselm’s College, October 29, 2007.

“Many of you know that I am the son of a mill worker – that I rose from modest means and have been blessed in so many ways in life…

And all of you know about some of the challenges we have faced in my family. But there came a time, a few months ago, when Elizabeth and I had to decide, in the quiet of a hospital room, after many hours of tests and getting pretty bad news – what we were going to do with our lives.

And we made our decision. That we were not going to go quietly into the night – that we were going to stand and fight for what we believe in…”


“Down one path, we trade corporate Democrats for corporate Republicans; our cronies for their cronies; one political dynasty for another…

I run for president for my father who worked in a mill his entire life and never got to go to college the way I did.

I run for president for all those who worked in that mill with my father. I run for president for all those who lost their jobs when that mill was shut down.

I run for president for all the women who have come up to Elizabeth and me and told us that like Elizabeth they had breast cancer – but unlike Elizabeth they did not have health care.

I run for president for twenty generations of Americans who made sure that their children had a better life than they did…

I carry the promise of America in my heart, where my parents placed it. Like them, like you, I believe in people, hard work, and the sacred obligation of each generation to the next…

This is our time now. It falls to us to redeem our democracy, reclaim our government and relight the promise of America for our children…“

Taken from Remarks by Senator John Edwards
St. Anselm’s College, Manchester, New Hampshire
October 29, 2007



I believe Mr. Edwards knows our pain, I know he knows mine . . . My son is a CANCER-SURVIVOR. I know pain. I’ve learned compassion. Mr. Edwards knows also . . . And in writing this, I’m sure he is the only one that does . . . The Brave Few.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 61
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 8.0
Total Miles . . . . . . 258.2
Average Miles . . . N/A
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 18 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.



The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

My Mission . . . Dreams are yours to share is dedicated to DREAMS, learning to dream again, learning to be happy again. Everyday we are bombarded with unhappiness, news of wars, killings, lies and deceit. And no where can we go to balance the load . . . My message is simple, change only happens when we change. Happiness is contagious and it stops wars dead . . . Find you bliss, follow your dreams, live a life with no regrets . . . Dreams are Yours to share.

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: