The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Unit . . .

. . .

I have a fear, a deep seated fear. I love my country and despise those that have misled us. The other day I was watching, The Unit on T.V. Sure it’s fiction, but what if?

A member of the unit was taken to a ship in the middle of the ocean for interrogation and beaten . . . Those that died, were thrown into the ocean.

My fear is that our leaders are not following the guidelines and laws we’ve setup. They use American Contractors because they don’t have to follow the rules that our soldiers have to. And our leaders in Congressional Fact Finding brought the head of Blackwater in front of them and they thanked him for his service to the country . . .

I would like to tell them;

Honorable members of the United States Congress, we have paid this organization greatly for their services . . . Their sacrifices aren’t because they believe in this administrations policy or in the United States but because of greed.




Throughout history, mercenaries have been used to fight a country’s battles, why? Because they fight for whom ever pays them the most. And they’ve been called the dogs of war . . . Ever wonder why?


Dogs eat anything, they will do anything.



And our leaders do this under our watch . . . And today our President’s signature has been linked to a torture directive. We now know how high the prison torture command goes . . . Our soldiers went to prison following commands.

I fear this win at any cause attitude is going to be our demise. It is ruining our nation . . . Did you vote for this policy? I didn’t . . . I want my vote back. I want this to go away. I want to be proud again . . . I believe in the Constitution, the Geneva Convention and in a basic human goodness . . . I have to believe because the other way makes it too easy to push the button . . .

Sometimes I feel I’m all alone.

I get comments, all the time saying, stop bitching, saying what are you going to do? You’re not telling us anything, we don’t already know . . . No. I’m not.

What can any of us do? The Brave Few.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 37 Zero Days 10
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 7.4
Total Miles . . . . . . 172.6
Average Miles . . . 4.6
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 15 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights

My Mission . . . Dreams are yours to share is dedicated to DREAMS, learning to dream again, learning to be happy again. Everyday we are bombarded with unhappiness, news of wars, killings, lies and deceit. And no where can we go to balance the load . . . My message is simple, change only happens when we change. Happiness is contagious and it stops wars dead . . . Find you bliss, follow your dreams, live a life with no regrets . . . Dreams are Yours to share.

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: