The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Brave Few . . . July 18, 2007



Happy Birthday Sue . . .



Today marks the pinnacle of the Iraq War. For the first time the Senate is really thinking . . . There are two sides and both sides make sound arguments. But the truth is sometimes hard to find . . . The war isn’t, hasn’t, and may never go the way they want. And yet we’re afraid to do what we will eventually have to do . . . A parent does this the first time they give the keys to the car to their child. Now we wonder if it’s the right time.

No one knows until they hand the keys over. And there will be scrapes along the way and they’ll be their scrapes. But in the end know that our soldiers have done all we asked them to do . . . Now a choice must be made, to leave to fight another day or . . .

This choice needs our attention. It’s simply not fair to our soldiers to keep sending them back time after time in an endless loop. If we stay we need to bring back conscription . . . I hate the draft, I hate war . . . But it’s the right thing to do.

I wish we would have thrown the bums out long ago, before Iraq. They knew of the lies and weren’t willing to standup against them. If I suspected them to be lies, they must have too. They know more about what’s going on then I do, don’t you think?

Now it won’t matter which side you take the outcome is still going to be the same. War is only death and dying . . . War is hell.

Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights


My Poetry at poemhunter.com


My Other Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
The World Outside My Window
This Side Of Midnight
Dan’s Room 2 Write


Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: