The Way Back Machine


C o m i n g S o o n . . . M y N e w B o o k . . . S l e e p l e s s N i g h t s . . . P l e a s e V i s i t . . . M y O T H E R S I T E S . . . D r e a m s A r e Y o u r s T o S h a r e . . . d h a n o s h ' s B l o g . . . A n d M y P o e m s . . .

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Things Go Better With Gore . . .

. . .

With out any doubt . . . But would the U.S. be recognizable? I’m not sure. You see I was one of those idiots that thought Georgie was different than his old man. I thought he was more like me. How wrong I was, but I new 150 days into his Presidency that he was not our savior but something much darker . . .

And then came 2004 and somehow Dean was bumped for JFK. Another Yale grad, another Skull and Bones man, just what we needed . . . John Forbes Kerry.

So we’re afraid of what? More of the same or them other guys?

Georgie got my vote because I was afraid my country was becoming too soft, too afraid of its own shadow. And of course I thought he would bring sense to the Office. I was wrong, but do we have other choices? I’m not sure . . . Money, corporate power, elitism has taken over. Both sides are part of this whale, both sides look at things differently and yet they seem to find the same end, hmmm.

Ok, maybe we wouldn’t be in Iraq with Gore or Kerry or would we? Iraq sits on a third of all oil reserves. And before Clinton left office, he was gearing up for something, but what? He was using contractors. The USS Cole was attacked, presumably by a bomb . . . Funny it looks my like a missile to me . . . Supposedly he fired a missile a terrorist camp. And if the Monica thing never happened, who knows where we’d be fighting?

And so here we are . . .
9-11, anthrax, patriot act, Afghanistan, Iraq, Abu Ghraib, torture . . . Deny, deny, deny.

And winner of today’s headlines are . . .

FBI Says Blackwater Killings Unjustified . . .
Da . . .

Price of Oil hurts . . .
Can you say National Energy Bill?

FCC, says it’s ok for Corporations to own the Media . . .
Ha . . .

Clinton, Obama and Edwards, oh my . . .

And so Clinton is more of the same, Obama different, yet maybe too young, too naïve and Edwards maybe our only chance to leave something worth a damn to our children. It’s just too bad we have to accept whatever we get . . . Where are the candidates that are for the people, to do the peoples bidding?

We are in desperate need of a Gun Toting Marshal and our choices don’t seem too willing. The Brave Few. Dan


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.



The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: